Holy Rosary Church is air conditioned and handicapped accessible. The ramp can be accessed from the parking lot on the north side of the church. The parking lot entrance is on Bartlett Avenue. Catholic East Elementary uses the parking lot during school days but parking is still available to visitors using the church. There is also street parking in the neighborhood around the church.
Holy Rosary Church at 2011 N. Oakland Avenue was built in 1885 in a blend of Queen Anne, Stick Style and Romanesque architectural styles. Extensive renovations have taken place since 1986. Though not intended for any particular ethnic group, through the years it acquired an Irish identity. It operated an elementary school, grades 1-8, from 1885 to 1982 which was guided by the BVM sisters.
St. Hedwig Church is air conditioned and handicapped accessible. The ramp can be accessed from the left (north) door of the three main entrance doors on Humboldt Ave. Parking is available during the evening and weekends. The parking lot entrance is on Brady Street between the church and Tamarack School building. During school days the parking lot is reserved for Tamarack School.
Saint Hedwig Church at 1702 N. Humboldt Avenue is an 1887 structure of Gothic and Romanesque styles. It replaced a much more modest wooden structure originally built on Franklin Place where Mass was first celebrated on October 17, 1871. It was erected for and by the Polish inhabitants of the city. An elementary school, grades 1-8, was part of this parish also. It flourished under the loving care of the School Sisters of Notre Dame. The present edifice stands in a recently revived community of homes and small businesses known as the Brady Street neighborhood.
St Rita Church at 1601 N Cass St began in 1933 as a “mission” outpost of the old Italian parish, the Blessed Virgin of Pompeii Church in Milwaukee’s Third Ward. Its basement church was blessed as a new independent parish in 1937, then a building was erected and blessed in 1939. From the beginning, the Sisters of Charity of St Joan Antida Thouret tended to children’s needs in this parish, and by 1937 were operating a school. In 2018, the church was demolished with plans to build St. Rita Square, a 6-story senior housing campus operated by Capri Senior Communities, along with a new St. Rita Church.